On Thursday the 20th, preschool classes will be going on a field trip to Evan’s Orchard in Georgetown for an apple tour. This will be a great learning experience for your child since we have been talking about the letter A, apples, and farming in class. The school schedule will stay the same with classes in session from 7:45am to 10:45am and 11:45am to 2:45pm. The bus will leave at 8:15am for the morning session and leave at 12pm for the afternoon session. Please return your permission slips by Wednesday the 19th at the latest. Parents if you are interested in chaperoning, please contact your teacher. Adults will need to pay at the door ($6 per person). Send in your money for your child’s admission by the 19th ($6 per student).
Remember to dress your child appropriately for the weather and tennis shoes are recommended since there will be some walking around.
Students will be learning and seeing the following things on our apple tour:
- The life cycle of an apple
- Getting to see how they sort apples and store them
- The cider press
- Sampling of cider
- A wagon ride to the orchard
- Each child will get to pick two apples.
- After the tour, we will be visiting the play area that has slides, swings, tricycles, and a petting zoo.